Friday, December 12, 2014

Beautiful Scars

Lets talk about scars.

Scars are usually considered ugly. You become self-conscious about it, and want to cover it up. You sometimes wish it would go away.

But the scars are proof of life. Living life is beautiful; don't ever hide your scars.

Whether they are on our body, like the scar on my forehead I got when the little wagon I was riding in turned over, and I hit a rock in my cousin's driveway...

Or the scars on our hearts.

In my book, "Telling Hands," I talk about the struggles of life and how they can leave their mark on you. I say that my heart is as "scarred as the Alabama terrain." If you've driven down the roads in Alabama you understand. You can see where tornadoes have left their mark in the trees that have been chopped off or blown down.

Our scars, in part, make us who we are, they show that we can get knocked down, we can get hurt, and most of all WE CAN HEAL.


Be proud of your life, be proud of your scars. They stay with you, like the lessons in life. You heal and learn and move on.
 
~Jamie


This is a selfie I took the other day. The point of the Instagram was that the sun was right in my eyes... but the first thing I saw when I looked at the pic was the scar on my forehead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment