Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Feeling Alive in this Hella Crazy World

Hey. This morning, as I was singing a song I had just made up about chocolate, I remembered another song I made up this past Saturday about being a short girl. I had never given much thought into to how often I make up songs. I think it's pretty often. When I was just a child, playing with my cousins, we would make up songs and perform them to our rather large family.. I can't help myself. I just have to create.

It makes me feel alive.

I draw sometimes, even though I am not very good at it. I can't really sing, but that doesn't stop me. I had never even tried painting before, but last week I painted my first portrait. I loved it so much, I had to write a poem to accompany it.

I noticed that I had an empty part on a wall in my creative space that needs a little more Jamie, so I proudly hung it up there.

My creative space used to be our formal dining room, but a couple years ago, I realized I do more creative, weird things than dine formally, so it I gave it a makeover. It is now filled with hundreds of books, pictures, drawings, notes, and odd objects, such as; a snake-skin, some bull horns, my homemade staff, a beaver-chewed tree limb, my fake glasses, a piece of stained glass from NOLA, decorative birds, things for burning...you know, things I like. I have some knives in here and my whet stone.

 I feel most at home when I surround myself with the weird things that inspire me.

I think there's also supposed to be some important documents hidden in here somewhere. I'm not sure...

I've always been this way, I don't think I'll change. When I finish the book I am working on, I'll write another, and when I finish the store I am working on, I'll do something else. Whether I win the poetry contest I recently entered or not, I'll write more poetry. If I totally fail singing karaoke for the first time on a date I have planned soon, I'll keep on singing.

If you have a true love, it will find an outlet. Mine is being creative, and it has to come out, sometimes in the most surprising of ways.

I love my brain. This has been a random thoughts about things moment, brought to you by:

Jamie Godwin Brooks

ps. I am on twitter @jgodwinbrooks, and instagram (link at top) and facebook https://www.facebook.com/JamieGodwinBrooks?pnref=lhc. Look me up. Let's share about our crazy lives in this hella crazy world.




No comments:

Post a Comment