Thursday, March 5, 2015

New Book and Interview


Recently, I have ventured out further in the publication world and have both published another book and expanded my reach via Smashwords. Smashwords distributes books to multiple online ebook retailers, including Apple, Barnes & Noble, Sony, Kobo and others.

It is an amazing time that we live in. I can write a book, upload it to the internet and it can be in the hands of any reader around the world in just a few minutes.

It is also a treacherous time, and that is what inspired my newly released, "More Than Nothing." It is a look into some of the problems faced in our generation and how one might react to it. I set out to tell a story that pushed my writing skills further. I think this book did. It is darker and includes the poem I wrote to accompany my first painting that I shared with you months ago, as promised.

"More Than Nothing" is a fiction/psychological thriller filled with ironies and twists. It looks at society and individuals. It touches on our own mortality and the affects we all have on one another.

Writing this book kinda freaked me out. Who knew I had it in me? Funny though, as a Poe, Steven King, and Orwell fan, I guess it's only natural. I think if I don't try to write in different genres, I'll never know if I should stay in just one.

Also, I would like to share my interview on Smashwords. It answers many of the questions I have received from readers about writing. Please feel free to contact me any time at
JamieGodwinBrooks@Gmail.com for other questions or thoughts.

https://www.smashwords.com/interview/Jgodwinbrooks

You can find both my books at that link as well. I am working on the paperback version and I'll let you know when they are ready. It takes more time to prepare and distribute than an ebook.

Prepare yourself for this one.

Thank you,
Jamie Godwin Brooks


No comments:

Post a Comment